2026: What to Expect in the Next Year

I've been in a state of fermentation for the last few months. The artistic vision and discipline have come to a clarity like never before with the past series of paintings and yet recently I've been unable to get started.

There are many new elements I have realized in recent paintings and photography. I want to capture nature in its simplest forms and find some sort of abstract that brings the viewers in.

2026- the beginning of Pet Portraits, A virtual dog  Pet Park on Tik Tok and note cards of birds of prey and pets.



The owl sketch is from a visit to the Blackland Prairie Raptor Center in Lucas, Texas. I try to get there for first Saturday when I can. I am working on creating a total of 5 notecards of their various birds.
For the most recent trip to the center-Check out my LinkedIn article.

To learn more about the center -Blackland Prairie Raptor Center



The last year or so has been very productive-I have been very active creating pastels with a technique that captures the light. It is still a work in progress. artbygordonblog.com




This image is from the Cottonwoods- I love the bright colors of the table cloths and how they vibrate with the still pond in the distance. I wanted the pastel to show the energy of people at the table.

I am working on adding more information about each painting and how the process is going in marketing art. Stay tuned and thanks for reading.

Comments