A Chance Sunset - Artbygordon Photography
I drove home as the clouds were rising high. Huge mountains of fluffy white clouds as I drove on the busy road, my daily fatigue and stresses insisted I go straight home. Those clouds kept calling.
My first stop was a small park at Lake Ray Hubbard off Miller Road. I just had my iPhone- I'm still working on getting a iPhone 17 Pro but that is another story.
I was excited about the light, how the lake looked like molten mercury and the sky had a divine light I had to at very least observe for a moment. I shot the tree, a shining path, a few landscapes bathed in light. I was still feeling exhausted from work, not interested in shooting.
I still had to do some grocery shopping so interrupted the shoot and figured after a while the light would become a bit more golden. I was right and yet I didn't feel like going back to Miller Road so I just drove over the bridge into Rockwall.
The clarity of the light and how it lit up the lake while I watched. The only negative about shooting a sunset, sometimes you forget to just sit and watch, to put down the camera and be present.
I watched as ducks were sillouetted against the light, I tried to get closer and make them a focul point of the image.
In the future, I will be getting back to shooting with my Nikon, I just haven't felt comfortable since I got it. There are too many things going on while shooting, you need to know your camera front and back without hesitation, I'm not there yet.
It's like driving someone else's car until you feel comfortable enough not to think but shoot. I am glad I stopped to shoot the sunset, I was able to capture a few truly memorable moments and I have sparked my own creativity to start shooting more. Sunrises are next.
I like to draw the viewer into the image. A wave gives distance some perspective and the movement creates changes in color and tone.




Comments
Post a Comment