
Seeking that Illusive Shot
This morning I finally got out and photographed the sunrise. The secret to motivating yourself on the weekend to go and find something to photograph is the weather is just starting to feel a little bit like autumn.
Today I was looking for the Crested Caracara-my son had spotted several of them near his house. I got there a little late, wrestled with my camera-still getting to be comfortable with a new lens, and the birds were a no show.
What I did find is myself. Something you don't realize until it's missing. Raising a son solo has left me without the excitement and passion of going exploring. Today, after a bit of frustration with fogging lenses and quirky camera gear, I found my place.
Finding My Freedom in the Country
I drove out in the country with an open mind for whatever showed up. It is a very exciting feeling to be open and available to whatever finds itself in the lens.
As the light changed, more objects showed themselves. Without light, there is no definition or separation, even light is great for portraits but for the drama of a landscape, I prefer a break in the clouds.
I took an hour to drive and enjoyed every minute of it, even it was perfectly comfortable the first few minutes. I am getting back to understanding why I started photographing at all-the intimacy of a telephoto, the immersing in a subject, it was a good day.
Learning to See Again
x


.jpeg)

Comments
Post a Comment