Saturday, January 20, 2018

Cat Portrait: Seeking light and finding graphic abstraction


It's been a long gray couple of days and the light has been inexistent. At the end of the day though, just a bit of light pierced through the windows and my cat was watching the birds as is his habit.

I photographed him with limited flash, a raw image that I used Photoshop to accentuate the bit of light touching his face and whiskers. 



I liked how graphic the image became. You can see the eye and his personality but he is become a bit of an abstract image of a cat. Even the light in the eye is hard and graphic and yet I believe you can still he an illusive nature in the image.

I am beginning to enjoy the idea of abstraction more than previously. I like the isolated abstract patterns of nature that create themselves a not so ordinary image of an image we see every day, in this case it's my cat, the birdwatcher, A.K.A Frady.

I would love any thoughts or opinions. Thanks for checking out my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment